1670 Upham Drive
In 1847 in Columbus Ohio, Dr. Samuel Smith became the first Chair of a Department of Psychiatry in an American Medical School. By 1951, a separate Department of Psychiatry was established at The Ohio State University.
A new, $15 million Neuropsychiatric Facility opened in 1994, housing state of the art clinical inpatient, outpatient, partial, and research facilities. We have over 100 full and part-time clinical faculty members.
The Department of Psychiatry's mission is to: